Biogas Anaerobic Digester Study Objectives
- Build on the success of the 2017 study to further increase methane production as a source of clean renewable energy
- Evaluate correlations between microbial community and operational data to link microbiome digital signature to AD performance
- Digitize the microbiome of many different AD systems across different facilities, climates, and times of year
- Educate the AD industry on insights and possibilities
- Provide educational opportunities for participants to “tell their story”
Biogas Anaerobic Digester Study Deliverables
All DNA sequencing and operational data across all participating facilities will be aggregated, analyzed and incorporated into The 2018 Performance Comparison of Anaerobic Digesters report. Participants of the study will receive a complimentary copy of this report.
Dr. Alison Ling will present key findings at the 2018 Microbiome Water Summit. This session will be video recorded and streamed live on the Internet with free access. Participants will have the opportunity to collaborate, co-present, participate on panels and network at the 2018 Microbiome Water Summit and other conferences.
Tracking Biogas Anaerobic Digester Performance using Next Generation DNA Sequencing
DNA Analysis and Microbiome Digital Signature Report
This analysis is specialized for measuring and monitoring the ecology of Biological Nutrient Removal (BNR) systems in a wastewater treatment facility for the purpose of optimizing their performance.
- All nitrogen and phosphorous consuming microbes known to science are identified along with a quantification of percent prevalence.
- PAOs and GAOs are tracked on a dashboard for BioP programs including a trend analysis over time.
- AOBs and NOBs are tracked for nitrogen removal programs.
- The top ten microbes based on percent prevalence are identified plus many others important in wastewater treatment, and a complete listing of all microbes identified.
Results are communicated in a Microbiome Digital Signature (MDS) report to create actionable insight, see sample below:
How to Participate in Biogas Anaerobic Digester Study:
1. Order DNA Analysis
Select from 3 packages, priced for one system in one facility, based on number of samples sequenced and reports issued. Prices include collection kits, analyses, and Microbiome Digital Signature reports.
Reports are provided to participants at no charge.
Performance Comparison of Biogas Anaerobic Digesters Report – 2017
2017 comparative study of biogas anaerobic digesters based on DNA sequencing of samples collected. Includes the DNA sequencing results of each sample, grouped and analyzed for each digester included in the study, and each digester type. Survey data is included to augment DNA testing. Includes pdf version available for immediate download after checking out (64 pages).
BNR Benchmarking Report – FMBR (Facultative Membrane Bio-reactor)
Results of a DNA Study conducted by Microbe Detectives’ that quantifies the biological nutrient removal characteristics of JDL’s patented FMBR process. FMBR is designed to simultaneously remove Carbon (C), Nitrogen (N), and Phosphorus (P) in a single tank, with low energy. Traditional wastewater treatment processes require multiple steps and are significantly less energy efficient.